Here I am introducing you to A simple classic, this really is the best pound cake recipe. While pound cake has traditionally been made with a pound each of butter, sugar, eggs, and flour.
- Eggs 3 (large)
- Sugar cup
- Baking powder tsp
- Salt tsp
- Cake Flour 1 cup
- Unsalted butter (softened) cup
- Vanilla extract 1 to tsp
- Milk 3 tbsp (low fat)
- Preheat the oven to 177°C (350°F) and set an oven rack in the middle. Grease a loaf pan (8x4x2.5in) lightly with non-stick cooking spray or butter and dust with flour, shaking off any excess.
- Take a bowl and mix the eggs, milk, and vanilla until just combined.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment (or a hand mixer), place the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix on low speed for about 30sec (until blended) then add the butter and half of the egg mixture. Mix on low speed until the items are moistened.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium (high if using a hand mixer) and beat for 1min, scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the remaining egg mixture, in 2 separate additions, beating about 30sec after each addition to combine (do not over-mix).
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula (or the back of a spoon)
- Bake for almost 55min, or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Place the cake on a shelf to cool for about 10min. Then remove the cake from the pan and let cool completely.
- Wrap the cooled cake in plastic wrap or store in a sealable plastic bag. The wrapped pound cake will keep for several days at room temperature and for 1week if refrigerated.