There’s something about a butter milk pound cake that just makes it irresistible. Maybe it’s the rich, buttery flavor, or the moist, dense texture. Whatever it is, this cake is sure to please.
This recipe calls for butter milk, which gives the cake a slight tanginess and helps to keep it moist. Be sure to use room-temperature ingredients so that your cake turns out nice and fluffy. And don’t forget the vanilla extract – it really adds a lovely depth of flavor.
Bake this butter milk pound cake for a special occasion or just because. It’s sure to be a hit!
Items Required to Butter Milk Pound Cake
- Eggs 3 (large)
- Sugar cup
- Baking powder tsp
- Salt tsp
- Cake Flour 1 cup
- Unsalted butter (softened) cup
- Vanilla extract 1 to tsp
- Milk 3 tbsp. (low fat)
- Preheat the oven to 177°C (350°F) and set an oven rack in the middle. Grease a loaf pan (8x4x2.5in) lightly with non-stick cooking spray or butter and dust with flour, shaking off any excess.
- Take a bowl and mix the eggs, milk, and vanilla until just combined.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment (or a hand mixer), place the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix on low speed for about 30sec (until blended) then add the butter and half of the egg mixture. Mix on low speed until the items are moistened.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium (high if using a hand mixer) and beat for 1min, scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the remaining egg mixture, in 2 separate additions, beating about 30sec after each addition to combine (do not over-mix).
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula (or the back of a spoon)
- Bake for almost 55min, or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Place the cake on a shelf to cool for about 10min. Then remove the cake from the pan and let cool completely.
- Wrap the cooled cake in plastic wrap or store in a sealable plastic bag. The wrapped pound cake will keep for several days at room temperature and for 1week if refrigerated.
We hope you enjoyed our article on how to make a butter milk pound cake. Whether you’re looking for a simple cake to serve at parties or a dense cake with a slight tanginess that you can enjoy with a cup of coffee, butter cake is a great dessert option.
With the right ingredients and some time in the oven, you can enjoy this easy homemade cake. If you have any questions or concerns about making butter cake, please contact us. We would love to hear from you.