If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make a Boston Cream Pie. This Boston Cream Pie Recipe With Cake Mix is so easy and delicious!
You won’t believe how simple it is to make this classic dessert with just a few ingredients and a cake mix. The creamy filling and fluffy cake make this pie a real treat. Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream for a perfect dessert.
Items Required Boston Cream Pie Recipe With Cake Mix:
For Custard Filling:
- Salt 1 / 8 tbsp
- Milk half cup
- Egg yolks 3 large sized
- Corn-starch 3 tbsp
- Vanilla 2 tsp
- Powdered sugar 1 / 3 cup
- All-purpose flour 1 / 4 cup
- Powdered sugar 1 cup
- Softened butter 1 / 3 cup
- Milk3 / 4 cup
- baking powder1/2 tsp
- Vanilla1 tsp
- Salt1/2 teaspoon
- Egg1 large
- Chocolate Ganache
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips 1/3 cup
- Heavy whipping cream1 cup
- Butter2 tbsp
To make Vanilla Custard:
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg. Beat the egg yolks until smooth and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, and salt, and slowly heat over medium flame.
- Combine corn starch and egg yolks until smooth. Once the milk mixture (step 2) just barely begins simmering, remove about half a cup from it and slowly stir it into the egg yolk mixture.
- Now slowly pour that combined egg yolk and milk mixture back into the pan. Whisk continuously until mixture thickens and then remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour custard into a bowl and press plastic wrap on the surface of the filling to prevent a tough layer from forming on top. Refrigerate at least 2 hours until set.
To make Chocolate Ganache:
- Microwave heavy cream and butter in a small glass or ceramic bowl for 1min 20s.
- Pour in chocolate chips and cover with a plate to trap in the heat. Let sit 5 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
- Let sit 30 minutes to 1 hour, so that ganache cools and thickens slightly.
To make the Cake:
- Heat the oven to 350°F or 176° Spray just the bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan with non-stick baking spray (you can also use parchment paper and place it on the bottom of your cake pan or use a springform cake pan)
- In a large bowl, beat all cake ingredients with an electric mixer on low-speed 30s, stopping frequently to scrape batter from the side and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat on high speed for 3min, stopping occasionally to scrape bowl.
- Pour batter into the pan and use a rubber spatula to scrape batter from the bowl, spread butter evenly in the pan, and smooth the top of the butter.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or use a toothpick inserted in the center to come out clean. Cool cake in pan for 20 minutes, then remove onto a cooling rack to finish cooling completely, about 1 hour.
- To split the cake horizontally in half, I first put the cake in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Having the cake be a little hard makes it easier to cut.
- Insert a long, thin knife into the middle of the cake and begin cutting horizontally, working around the entire cake until you can remove the top half (you can insert toothpicks around the cake to use as a guide, or just wing it)
- Place the bottom layer of the cake on a serving plate with the cut side up. Spread custard over the bottom layer. Place the top level of cake cut side down, on top of the custard.
- Pour ganache over the top of the cake, tilting the cake slightly to guide it and letting some glaze drizzle down the side of the cake. If you begin topping the cake with the ganache and most is sliding down off the cake, stop and let both cool another hour. Then continue by pouring cooler ganache on top of the cake.
- Refrigerate uncovered until serving.
This Boston Cream Pie Recipe With Cake Mix is so easy and delicious! We hope you enjoy it as much as we do. We love to use this as a dessert or as a unique breakfast treat. If you are looking for a dessert recipe that will impress your family and friends, this Boston Cream Pie Recipe With Cake Mix is a great option!