Decadent, fuggy, sweet chocolate cake has got to be the most demanding recipe in the world.What makes an delicious Chocolate Cake. You only need one bowl and minimal ingredients to make this sweet Chocolate Cake. Rich in chocolate flavors with a tender-moist crumb and fluffy with the perfect amount of sweetness. This is what chocolate dreams are made of.
This perfect combination of oil, milk and boiling water makes this recipe stand out without having to use melted chocolate. The fats in the oil, protein in milk and temperature of the water makes the chocolate flavor develop nicely and sweetly while baking and providing the essentials for that moist crumb we are looking for.
Believe me it is very much worth the effort to have just for those times we are baking with chocolate.So my friends if we have a chocolate cake lover in your family make them this cake. If they’ve had a bad day this is certainly something that will brighten it for them. If they’ve had a great day then this chocolate cake is a great way to celebrate with them.
Chocolate Cake Modifications:
We have a latest and best recipe to make this cake.Include some additional ingredients that we have tested through the years. We have found that this chocolate cake is even more better than originally imagined.We will listed some of the modifications we tested that we think may be of interest to us.
To make the cake chocolate cake recipe we used almond milk as well as coconut milk in place of the dairy. While not we also used buttermilk in place of the milk with great result we additionally tested the chocolate cake recipe with additional oils as well as butter. We tested using an equal amount of melted coconut oil to the vegetable oil called for in the recipe. We also tested using the same volume of melted butter in place of the oils in the chocolate cake. While it does make the cake texture slightly different it is still mighty delicious and worth trying if you’d prefer to use butter in place of oils in your chocolate milky cake.
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour, or (plain flour), (8 oz | 227 g).
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, (2.6 oz | 75 g) or regular Hershey’s cocoa powder.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, (or bi-carb soda).
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 2 cups white granulated sugar, (14 oz | 410 g).
- 2 large eggs.
- 1 cup milk, (250 ml).
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, (125 ml).
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract.
- 1 cup boiling water (250 ml).
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) standard or 320°F (160°C) fan/convection.
- Lightly grease 2x 9-inch (22cm) round cake pans with butter. Line base with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl. Whisk in sugar, then add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Whisk well to combine until lump free, about 30 seconds.
- Pour boiling water into batter, mixing well. Cake batter is thin in consistency.
- Pour batter into cake pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely before frosting.